How to Maintain Self-Care During COVID-19
Updated: Jul 19, 2021
Let’s face it - times are uncertain and things are ever-changing during COVID-19. Self-care needs to be at the forefront of your mind so you can stay healthy and remain connected. Take a moment every day to take care of yourself.
Here are a few ways to take care of yourself:
1. Exercise: Get outside and walk or dust off that treadmill and walk just a few minutes a day until you build up stamina for a longer walk. Check out free workout videos YouTube!
2. Eat Healthy: Create simple and practical meals to stay on track with your healthy eating habits. You don’t have to make elaborate, labor-intensive meals to impress the family. A simple grilled chicken breast with a delicious sauce and riced cauliflower or something else simple you can throw in the air fryer will do.
3. Sleep: Try to aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Sleep is super important to keep your mental health on track. When you are stressed, you may need that extra hour of sleep which can also improve emotional regulation and management of anxiety.
4. Learn and Explore: Sign up for a course online through your local community college. Take a cooking class online. Solve a puzzle. Try a new healthy recipe. People who engage themselves in in learning something new, feel more confident, have increased hope and purpose in life.
5. Structure and Routines: Get up at the same time every day. Take routine breaks throughout the day (get up and walk around your house if you work from home). Take an actual lunch break. If you plan out your day and maintain structure, this can positively impact your mental health.
6. Practice Mindfulness: Pause and breathe throughout the day as it can reduce stress, worry, and enhances feelings of resiliency. Again, YouTube has free yoga or meditation classes on peacefulness and mindfulness.
7. Talk with a Friend: Maintain your connections with friends and family as this can help with the ups and downs you may experience with the isolation from working from home or distancing yourself from others during the pandemic. Keep your regular scheduled phone and video calls with your loved ones.
Are you having difficulty maintaining self-care and need an extra boost of help or a listening ear to help with your woes? Reach out to our team to get started with therapy by completing our intake form: www.thinkhappylivehealthy.com/contact10 or email us at email@example.com